Regency Specialist Hospital follows the Patient and Family Rights standards with the aims of improving care, treatment, services and outcomes by recognizing and respecting the rights of every patient and their family members as well as by conducting business in an ethical manner. We hope the following information will help you and your family to understand your rights and responsibilities while you seek treatment and care at our hospital.
Our patients have a RIGHT to:
- Privacy and patient confidentiality.
- Considerate, respectful and dignified care; safe and clean care.
- Explanation, information and counselling about their medical conditions, planned treatment, expected outcome and expected cost where and when appropriate.
- Participate in health care decision making.
- Accept or refuse medical care or recommended treatment to the extent permitted by law.
- Appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Safe and clean care.
- Access to care and treatment that does not discriminate against a person’s race, gender, cultural, educational or religious background.
Our patients have a RESPONSIBILITY to:
- Adhere to the hospital operational policies, rules & regulations.
- Provide full information about their health.
- Ask questions if they do not understand any information or care that they will receive.
- Follow the agreed upon treatment plan.
- Keep to the scheduled appointments and be on time.
- Treat the hospital staff, doctors, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- Present medical insurance card and hospital required identification when requested by facility staff.
If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to approach our Customer Service at 607 381 7700 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .