The State Registered Nurse delivers safe and quality patient care and is accountable for the outcomes of patients assigned under his/her care. He/she works collaboratively with the nursing staff, physicians and other members of the healthcare team to accomplish patients’ needs and achieve positive outcomes in line with the hospital/nursing vision, mission, values and objectives. In addition, he/she practices within the realm of the profession’s ethical and legal frameworks whilst adhering to the hospital’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Post Basic in Neonate
- Registered with Malaysia Nursing Board
- Valid Annual Practicing Certificate
- Prefer Clinical knowledge and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
Provider of Patient Care
- Greets and attends to patients in a courteous, polite and professional manner.
- Uses the Nursing Process APIE (Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation) framework to formulate and execute a holistic, individualized and personalized patient care; documents using relevant forms, charts or information system according to hospital practices and policies.
- Performs clinical procedures such as blood glucose monitoring, wound dressings, removal of sutures/staples, care/removal of drains; care of intravenous lines; oro-pharyngeal and tracheostomy suctioning; application of splints, cervical collars; naso-gastric tube insertion; administration of oxygen therapy; insertion of urinary catheterization; bladder irrigation etc. Assists Physicians in clinical procedures where required.
- Performs discipline or unit specific clinical procedures following relevant privileging and credentialing process as outlined by Nursing Services when posted to Operative, Emergency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Oncology, Pediatrics, Endoscopy, Cardiology, Renal, Neonatology and Intensive Care Units.
Provide Specialty Care
- Provides professional nursing management of neonate and supervision to the parent(s) during the admission in nursery.
- Adhere to the safety of the neonate during the stay. At no time the neonate, be left unattended in the nursery.
- Shall be responsible to ensure the right neonate is handed to the right mother/parent at all times; responsible to follow up when the neonate is given to room in with the mother.
- Carry out vital signs, other monitoring, nursing care activities and on-going assessment of the neonate’s condition.
- Identify and provide immediate attention to neonate upon critical change of condition and notify the doctor.
General / Other Duties
- Delegate or performs pottering role; accompany or transport patients for their treatment/investigation appointments to/from the relevant departments such as Operation Theater, Radiology, Physiotherapy or Clinic etc. where required.
- Undertake additional task/assignment as assigned by superior