Comprising of a team of Interventional Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Respiratory Physicians as well as Paediatrician Cardiology, Regency Heart & Lung Centre is established as a one-stop centre to provide comprehensive preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative heart and lung services.
Working together with a team of multidisciplinary Consultants, the Centre is also supported by a team of skilled nurses and allied health staff in Cardiac Catheterisation, Perfusion, Intensive & Cardiovascular Care, Rehabilitation, Dietetics and etc, to provide a holistic treatment and care. Recognising that “Time is Muscle”, our Emergency Physicians are available round-the-clock to provide the most efficient emergency treatment to patients in critical condition and get them transferred to the appropriate care location as soon as possible.
For critical cases that require life-sustaining treatment, the Centre is further equipped with Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), a unique addition to provide prolonged cardiac and respiratory support, allowing more treatment time.
- First and only private hospital in South Malaysia to offer Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), a therapy used in treating acute and reversible heart and lung diseases;
- Supported by Cardiologists who specialised in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing to care for patients having difficulty with the heart’s rhythm and electrical signalling;
- With presence of Cardiothoracic Surgeons on site to support and back up the team of resident Interventional Cardiologists;
- Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory
- Day Procedure Unit – Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab
- Operating Theatre
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) / High Dependency Unit (HDU) / Step Down Unit (SDU) for closure monitoring
- Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy – Rehabilitation Medicine, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
Regency Heart & Lung Centre offers a wide range of diagnostic and surgical services focusing on conditions associated with:
- Cardiovascular Diseases e.g. Chronic Heart Disease, Heart Attack, Uncontrolled Hypertension, Abnormal Heart Valves, Congenital Heart Defects, Heart Muscle Disease, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Therapy etc.
- Respiratory Disorders e.g. Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), infections like Influenza, Pneumonia and Tuberculosis, and Lung Cancer etc.
- Sleep Apnea: A potentially serious sleeping disorder in which breathing is briefly and repeatedly interrupted when asleep
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Cardiac Assessment, Catheterization and Therapeutic Interventional Procedures
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Assessments: Electrocardiogram (ECG), Stress Test (also called Treadmill or Exercise ECG), Echocardiogram, Holter Monitor etc
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Diagnostic Angiogram (also called Cardiac Angiography)
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) / Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Permanent and Temporary Pace Maker
- Rotational Atherectomy for pre-diagnostic and post intervention of coronary artery
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP): Using IBP machine and IBP catheter for patient with poor left ventricle functions
- Heart Study: To investigate the blood saturation and heart chamber pressure
- Aortogram / Aortography: To identify narrowing or blockages of the aorta
- Electrophysiology Heart Study: To identify irregular heart rhythms
- Image-Guided Biopsy, Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, Drainage, Venous Intervention, Cyst Aspiration / Tumour Ablation
Cardiovascular and Respiratory Procedures / Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Valve Repair / Replacement Surgery
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Endovascular Repair / Stenting of Aortic Aneurysm
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Lobectomy and Open Thoracotomy
Team of Medical Experts
Cardiology & Internal Medicine
Respiratory Medicine & Internal Medicine
Make an Appointment