The Neuroscience & Neurospine Centre at Regency Specialist Hospital comprises of consultants and specialists from the fields of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuroradiology, thus ensuring that patients will achieve the adequate and optimal treatment suited to their needs.
- 1Book appointment with Specialist Consultant.
- 2Physical examination and assessment.
- 3Procedures / surgery.
- 4Follow up visit with consultant and patient care team.
Diagnosis & treatment
- Parkinson’s disease, atypical Parkinsonism and movement disorders (tremor, cervical dystonia, focal hand dystonia, myoclonus, chorea, ataxia and tics)
- Ischaemic and haemorrhagic stroke
- Gait disorders
- Epilepsy, dementia and headache
- Cervical stenosis
- Degenerative disc diseases, herniated disc and lumbar disc syndrome
- Lumbar and spinal stenosis
- Pine injuries and back pain
- Minimally invasive brain surgery
- Minimally invasive lumbar discectomy
- Minimally invasive cervical foraminotomy
- Percutaneous endoscopic lumbar discectomy
- Percutaneous laser discectomy
- Percutaneous transpedicular screw fixation
- Lumbar and cervical microsurgery
- Endoscopic endonasal transphenoidal pituitary surgery
- Minimal invasive transformational lumbar interbody fusion
- Supraorbital keyhole approach
- Endonasal endoscopic approach
- Mini-pterional approach
- Retrosigmoid keyhole approach
- Endoscopic transventricular approach
- Minimally invasive neuroradiological procedures
- Brain aneurysmal coiling and stenting
- Arteriovenous malformation embolization
- Carotid-cavernous & dural arteriovenous fistula embolization
- Intracranial, head & neck preoperative tumour embolization
- Spinal vascular embolization
Comprehensive care plan
- The centre is amongst the few hospitals in Johor that provides acute stroke management service within the “golden hour” whereby intravenous thrombolysis and endovascular intervention is administered
- The centre is also supported by a team of experienced Emergency Physicians who are available around the clock and trained to handle the immediate assessment and management of patients with symptoms suggestive of stroke upon their arrival at the A&E (a pivotal role in acute ischemic stroke which helps to reduce door-to-needle / onset-to-treatment time)
- Actively collaborate with other centres for referrals of epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation and Parkinson disease management