Team of Medical Experts
Digestive diseases are disorders of the digestive system or gastrointestinal tract (GIT). Our Specialists focusing on the upper GIT will be able to provide a comprehensive diagnosis & treatment of all conditions affecting your food pipe (Oesophagus), Stomach, and first part of your small intestine called the Duodenum. Both diagnostic & therapeutic services are available for patients present with symptoms suggestive of Upper GIT diseases, including GIT tumours, bile duct & gallbladder stones, obesity & metabolic disorders.
For those who are obese and facing potentially life-threatening weight-related health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, severe Sleep Apnea, Type 2 Diabetes or stroke, the different types of weight-loss surgery, known collectively as Bariatric Surgery are also available as an option (subject to patients meeting certain medical guidelines).
Symptoms / conditions that require assessment include:
- Blood in stool
- Weight gain or loss
- Peptic ulcer
- Difficulties in swallowing
- Abdominal distention
- Stomach pain
- Lactose intolerance
Some of the digestive diseases we treat include:
- Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease (GERD), Peptic Ulcer Disease & Hiatal Hernia
- Intestinal problems such as Celiac Disease, Crohn Disease etc.
- Pancreatitis & Pancreatic Pseudocyst
- Liver problems: Hepatitis B & C
- Oesophagus problem: Gastritis
- Rectal problem – Rectal Prolapse, Proctitis, Haemorrhoids, Anal Fissure